At the eastern Aegean Sea Samos Marina lies on a strategic location on the island of Samos. It is situated on the southeast part of the island, at a very short distance from the airport. It is also 500 meters near the historical village of Pythagorion, where Pythagoras was born.
For those who enjoy privacy Samos Marina provides well-protected mooring within natural surroundings. Equipped with state of the art technical specifications, it offers a full range of services and facilities for yachts.Samos Marina has 280 berths and can host yachts of up to 50 meters in length. A fully equipped technical department provides high quality boat maintenance and repair facilities all year round.
Samos is a Greek island in the Eastern Aegean Sea, on an area that was formerly known as Ionia. It is located between the islands of Chios to the north and the breath taking Dodecanese islands to the south, with particular closeness to the island of Patmos off the coast of Turkey. You will be hearing its name in Turkish as Sisam.
Samos Prefecture consists of the islands of Samos, Ikaria and the smaller islands of Fournoi Korseon. The capital and the main passenger port is the town of Vathy, which is also called Samos. The other harbours are the island’s second most populated town of Karlovassi and Pythagoreion (called Tigani until the mid 20th century). Pythagoreion is a very important village that served as the capital of Samos during antiquity and is on the list of UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites.
Samos Marina is situated on a strategic location on the island of Samos, at the eastern Aegean Sea. Most social facilities are on the southeast part of the island, only 500m away from the picturesque village of Pythagorio. At Samos Marina you can moor close to the village, at an isolated and well-protected location, a pleasure especially for those who enjoy privacy. The marina features state-of-the-art technology and provides full range services for boats and their owners. Operational since 2006, the marina can berth a number of 280 vessels up to 25 meters LOA as well as docking services for mega-yachts up to 50 LOA.
Sightseeing: Pythagorion is a cosmopolitan destination, with a vivid social life crowding with guests every summer. The small town is built on the south-eastern edge of the island. It is 12 km from Vathy, which is the main town and administrative capital of Samos. You will be stunned by its beaches, lovely Aegean architecture, the vibrant night life and beautiful restaurants. But remember; being an ancient settlement of great archaeological significance, modern Pythagoreio hides many of its treasures for lovers of history and archaeology.
The Argonaut Ancaeus, whose son Agapenor later became king of Arcadia, is considered to be the first settler of ancient Samos. Excavations at the Castle in Pythagoreio indicate that the area has been populated at least from the Neolithic period. The ancient port of Samos was located where the town lies today. Polycrates, ruler of Samos in the second half of the sixth century BC organized the construction of a number of important building projects which caontinue to impress visitors today with their excellent construction standards.
If near Pythagorion, it is worth visiting:
- Statue of Pythagoras gazing at the sea to one side of the port.
- The ruins of the Ancient City, where we can distinguish traces of the Acropolis wall.
- The remains of the Roman Baths, at the entrance to the village.
- The ancient Marble Theatre (4th century BC).
- Panagia Spiliani Monastery with an excellent view of Pythagoreio.
- The Lycourgos Logothetis Tower (19th century).
- The Metamorfossi tou Sotira church, next to Logothetis Tower from 1831
- The Archaeological Museum, hosting collections of Archaic Steles, Roman Emperors’ portraits, etc.
- The Folklore Museum of the Cultural Foundation Nikolaos Dimitriou, in a hall of Doryssa Bay Hotel. The museum is divided into themes, one showing the everyday life of the island’s population before the 2nd World War.
- Potokaki (2km W), a seaside village with a beautiful sandy beach.
- 280 berths
- Max LOA: 50m
- Max Draught: 6m
- Dry Docking Facilities (max capacity: 170)
- Water & electricity Supply (220/380V)
- Fuel Station
- Boat Maintenance & Repair Facilities
- 80-ton Travelift
- 24-hour CCTV Surveillance & Security
- Night Security Guards
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- WC / Shower / Laundry
- Car Parking
- Rent a Car
- Boat Chartering Service
- Nautical Equipment Store
- Restaurant & Bar
- Peripheral Street Lighting
- Medical Support
- Fire Fighting Installations & facilities
- Postal Service
- Rest Room
- Technical Department